About Ms Bettencourt

Ms Bettencourt is a Swedish built 25-foot trailerable trawler. Her hull was completed in 1971, No. 1117 of about 2500 built. The boat is named for my wife Dia, whose maiden name is Bettencourt.

This little vessel came to me as a gift in 2004. Before then she had been abandoned about 12 years on the Savannah River near Augusta, GA. I have repaired and refitted the boat extensively, and I have cruised her along the East coast of the US, from Cape Lookout, NC, to the Florida Keys. I dream of taking her to Havana some day.

This blog started in 2011 to chronicle the building of a hard top for the boat to replace leaky canvas. Since then the blog has become an Albin-25 boatkeeping and cruising journal.


Saturday, March 2, 2013

It's curtains! (again)

Yes, another bulletin from Ms. Bettencourt about the Never-ending Curtains Project. My good friend Erena and her magic sewing machine have been astounding me weekly. As of yesterday, were were half way done. She sews.  I do what I'm told.  The three windows in the forward cabin are completed. I think they look pretty good.






Three more windows to go, all in the back cabin. We may finish this job next week.






Meanwhile, planning has begun for a cruise with my friend Major up the South Carolina coast from Georgetown to Southport, NC. We hope to set a date soon for a departure in late April or early May.

This will be one of those trips where logistics could be a concern. I am thinking now that we might trailer the boat to Georgetown, launch and leave it in the marina there. Then, we would drive the truck and trailer to a RV storage place in Southport. We would return to Georgetown in a rental car.

This could be too much hassle and expense just to avoid a return to Georgetown on the water. We may or may not do it this way, but there is time to explore the option.

Finally, please recall a post January 26 about folding print-on-demand nautical charts. I have found a place that offers NOAA print-on-demand charts folded for an extra dollar.

I ordered NOAA 11534 for the Georgetown-Southport trip. It should be here next week. Meanwhile, if you are in the market for charts, you may want to have a look here: http://www.nauticalchartsonline.com/



No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions and comments are sincerely appreciated: